Saturday, February 12, 2011

FEB 11, 2011 ~ MATT JONES (acoustic) * HOOTERS / JASON MITCHELL (acoustic) * THE LOST PARROT / BARE ESSENTIALS (acoustic) * FOSTERS

Listened to 3 different bands last nite ~ all of which happen to be acoustic, It was a wonderful acoustic evening for me filled with great musican's that filled the nite's air with perfect harmony.
Begun the nite by venturing out to Hooters and listening to Matt Jones, 3 piece band that consisted of Matt Jones, Joe Dew (the enigma), Dale Chappell (master of the Cajon box). This was a real treat as actually my entire nite was filled with treat's and hidden treasure's. It is rare that I get to hear Joe Dew play acoustic guitar or even see him out and about. Last nite was one of those nites... and it was well worth the wait! The harmony between Chappell & Jones was music to my ears. Every time I hear Matt Jones sing I'm in awe... man can this man sing. Only got to stay for a couple songs but from what I heard was a perfect beginning to what was going to be a perfect nite. I loved it! For more information on Matt Jones or booking info. go to The Gig Gal friend her and she'll hook ya' up.



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150091777119658&comments

Second 1/2 of my nite: The Lost Parrot w/ Jason Mitchell * Stuart Hill * Tom Nord. I was excited about seeing these guys again, I'd seen the acoustic version once before and fell in love all over again with it last nite. Mitchell threw out every thing from I hit the ground running (Keith Urban), Pickin' Wildflowers ( Keith Anderson). Summer come around (Keith Urban), Nobodys lookin' right now (Keith Sweat), Alice in Chains (Man in the box), Stone Temple Pilots, Champagne (Mitchell original). All I can say here after listening to these guys was Daaaayum.... Jason Mitchell & Stuart Hill together harmonizing was once again perfect. Tom Nord on kit rounded out the sound. The vid's will speak for themselves.... push play.


http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150091787259658&comments

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150091795559658&comments

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150091805149658&comments



Finished up the evening at Fosters with Bare Essentials (minus a essential) Mike Mitchell you were missed. Up on stage was Chuck Andrews, Chuck Wiseman, Josh Bibb, John Ashley. More acoustic... more goodness! Heard every thing from Twisted sister, Pink Floyd, Good time Charlie,Bob Dylan, Beatles, Wilson Pickett, Lou Reed, Tom Petty along with a host of originals some even from Scott Gilger (who graced the stage) with Old man, Ain't gotta go, Neil Young, Long black veil. Now I knew Gilger could play but what I didn't know is that he could sing.... and has several original songs that I got to hear that was very good. To sum up the evening it was one to be remembered. Finished the nite up sitting round the kitchen table with 5 musican's & lots of long time friends grinnin' , singin' & lots of pickin' into the wee hours ... Hell I even beat on the congas for a couple. By this time unfortunately my video camera was full and I was unable to capture the Icing on this nite's cake.... However saved by Yulanda's cell phone I did get to film.... Vid's pending...

No comments:

Post a Comment