Sunday, February 6, 2011

FEB. 5, 2011 ~ THE EMPTY GLASS W/ SOUL MTN. & 600 LBS. OF SIN

Soul Mountain ~
Bill Galloway ~ Drums
Lead vocals & guitar ~ Chris Sutton
Bass ~ Jim Brandm (if I've misspelled this let me know I'll correct)
3 piece tight ass band ~ Psychedelic soul with a Bluesy sound is the best way I can describe Soul Mountain.
The first thing I notice is Chris Sutton's guitar.. Flying V head stock (never have seen one before) Love it and boys does he make that V sing.
I heard them do some covers along with some originals (which I always love) every thing from : Elevator Blues, Carry me home, How many more times ( Sutton broke out a slide on this one), Magic Boy, Bad Habits, 17 Guitar (which Chris & James wrote). John Chickogee (from Diablo Blues) stepped up on stage with Harp in hand and added to this wonderful Bluesy mix. With Chris Sutton's strong vocals, Bill's right on time beat & Jim's bangin' bass I was in Blues heaven. I was diggin' it & so was the crowd. While on break a musican told me something that I already knew... He said for him music should be like a sensual almost sexual experience when it's good. Well BG I concur and have known this for years. For me by the end of the nite, I left feelin' very satisfied & craving more... guess you could say job well done!
P.s I might add sitting (while filming) on that big ass speaker by the ladies room sorta helped too! ~ devilish smile. ;-)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=501731814657&comments

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=501729064657&comments


http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=501663764657&comments






Up Next my Fav's... 600 Lbs. of sin~
600 warmed up with alittle Marley (Don't worry), Can't tell me who to love, Room with a view, Tidal Wave, Severine (which I might add I love when they do this) Pushkin's vocals are like no one else's I've heard. T.J King's original (Feels so good), Fleetwood Mac (Shatter your illusions), 29 (original ),Dear Prudence, Mr. Moon (Sierra's orginal), Bend down low ( I had never heard them to this before) and Mike's strong ass vocals once again blew me the hell away.  Mike even threw in a song he wrote when he was alittle boy. Last nite 600 Lbs. of sin was ON IT. I watched Josh Thomas play his guitar like I've never seen quite before. Tore it a new ass I might say and my god was I glad I was witness to it. This man alone has MAD guitar skillz and with Pushkins along side of him.... Geez these two the place's they take you musically leave's ya beggin' for more. Sierra's vocals well I can not say enough about this chica.... Her  vocal's speak for themselves. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... 600 LBS. of sin is 'Sinfully delicious' and SCREAMS Festy to me! The more I hear this band the more I can see them outside this summer playin' Festivals.... all of them and the crowd eating them up. Speaking of crowds... Charleston peeps were diggin' it & feelin' it and I loved it. I could not even get near the stage to film at this point. They gave 600 lbs. the respect this band commands with a full dance floor and not one peep in the joint not nodding their head or tappin' their foot. I am a HUGE fan and will support this band forever! I did get one maybe two vid's outta Sin before the dance floor was taken over. But you know what I got to enjoy it and dance alittle myself! It was good.... All good! Thank you Charleston... I will be back!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=501684609657&comments

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=501787504657

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=501806429657

No comments:

Post a Comment