Friday, February 25, 2011

FEB 24 ~ BENEFIT FOR JK TYREE * THE LOST PARROT.

First off would like to shout out to Michelle Treadway for putting this benefit together. It was a HUGE success made over $700 before 8pm and 'before' the music & auction  began! One more shout out as well to The Lost Parrot ~ if you wan't to throw a successful benefit for some one in need this is the place to do it. I've not missed one single one yet and every one has helped to raise a ton of money for good cause's.

First up on stage is Mike Snodgrass (from Cinnamon Sensation) ~ Mike warms everone up with some (and I quote) 'sexy music'.. (You are the best thing.) Snodgrass break's out his new Harp on several songs (Stand by me), kick's it old school w/ (Just my imagination), Cover from Carl Barkley (correct me if I'm wrong here Mike), Down by the River did a brand new song from 2nd. cd (Hold on) loved it! Rob Gross (from The Boatmen) steps up on stage now. Now Mike & Rob used to gig together as The Mike & Rob experience sounded good then.... Harmonize well together now. Threw out some It takes two, Every day, I'm so tired finished up with Billie Jean. Rob Gross' vocals are spot on! This man is most usually found behind a kit or bangin' out his Bongo's backing up with those golden pipes of his. Rob Gross' vocals are just that 'Golden' and I enjoyed every bit of it. Snodgrass finishes up his set with a Introduction for John Puckett and tells everyone to stick around to be Wowed..

Up next on stage John Puckett from Beckley, wv now living in Tn. Puckett starts off with saying this is a celebration for JK Tyree to celebrate his seeing another birthday.... Happy Birthday JK. Now Mike Snodgrass said we we're gonna be WOWed by John Puckett and boy did he hit the nail on the head with that one!  John Puckett (one man show) as I tagged him with just the first song. I noticed right off the bat the variety of instruments he has surrounded himself with. I also notice how quickly & smoothly he switches from one to the other with little to no effort at all. First song ( Love everybody) changes up from acoustic guitar to bass (which i might add is a real jewel ) both visually pleasing as well as ear candy, then to bongos and back to his acoustic. All in one song , all with ease, all smooth like butta'... I hear Matt Mullins yell from the crowd "Turn it up"... Puckett says request granted. Holy Batshit Robin this man is my Gem of the nite!! John Puckett did several original's which i love One day at a time, Won't give up, Wastin' time and a Temptation cover (Papa was a rollin' stone) that kicked ass! I am totally diggin' this upbeat Reggae vibe Puckett's got going on. Puckett has 3 cd's out and needless to say I bought them all. Note to self ~ friend on facebook and follow this man Crazy fuckin' good vibe & muse.. I dig. I'd also be curious to see if he's ever heard of Mishka if not I'd like to turn him on.


http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN29RZYRP_e8&h=03e06

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN29RZYRP_e8&h=03e06

Up next IHAJ~
IHAJ brought the Rock to da house like they always do with their high energy & shreddin' skillz. Jason Lockart was sporting his brand new clear custom guitar and man did he make that baby SING... No doubt Dawsons & Lockarts ability to feed off one another musically it's a Rock N Roll show every time w/ Wiseman on kit & Pruitt on bass make's for the complete package. Jason Dawson says... We came all the way up here from Florida for JK Tyree and man that gives me partial wood! :)  They covered a variety of songs got to Sex on Fire and the crowd goes fuckin' wild! This band may be young in age but have Seasoned Electric Souls that feed from each other, the crowd eats it, feeds on it, lives for it, makes love to it. Yea I said makes love to it.. i notice the ladies this time as well as many other times in the past seem to get all 'Horned' up while watchin' them play. Course the guys dig that shiz too make's for a good nite all the way around ~ wink*wink.

Finish the evening w/ my boyz ~ THE BOATMEN
With John Puckett sitting in on Jason Lockart's clear custom. All I can say here is Oh My God again.... begins the set with an original One time man, Got you where I want you (Lockart joins in with this one) love, love, love it. Tyrone (Rob Gross) sings it with Jevon stepping in. Lockart on lead, Mulli on Rhythm, Durn bangin' his bass. Kicked out some True blood, Friends in low places, Citizen Cope, Soul Shine, with a variety on originals from the second cd. Puckett steps up and takes Lockarts rockin' clear axe and make's that baby wail... Matt Mullins barefoot and preachin' to the choir with his song and the choir 'Embraces' ..... This nite was such a great nite in more ways than one. Auctioned off all items , raised alot of money for jk, and heard some old favorite songs as well as some new ones.

To sum this evening up..... Sum Beach where's the damn 'Rewind' button I wanna do THAT again!~

Vids will follow ~ however did not get to 'Capture' the entire nite as the floor was jammed packed and i had no where to set up. I have a love/hate relationship with this sceanario.. I love it (cuz i can dance)... I hate it (cuz i document it).

No comments:

Post a Comment