Tuesday, February 22, 2011

FEB 22, 2011 ~ JONATHAN SNEED & MATT MULLINS * GUMBOS

Not sure where to start here first off no vid's will follow, freakin' video camera failed... But you know what I felt as if they played for me. Now I know they didn't as they're was other peeps there but just trying to put ya'll in my head for a minute or three. First thing I notice is this Sneed's screw on capo (never seen one before) but I like it. Seem's to work better, tighter, with alittle more dependability. Plus the fact it's pretty damn cool looking and fits this Seasoned guitar player well. Second thing I notice is this Sneed (now this is just my ramblin' blog) and don't mean a damn thing but my thoughts but he seem's to keep time with his mouth (his teeth in particular) I've seen this before and for a minute or three I see Mullins do it sorta keepin' time w/ him in his mouth. Which leads me to my third assumption.... funny how musican's feed off one another in one form or another. I like that, I like being witness to it.. make's me smile. Also I love the setting of Gumbo's it's small and intimate and there is no need for mics, or amps and it's perfect to me. Mullins & Sneed started out with 40 dogs w/ Mulli singing  it like he owned  and Sneed kicked right in like he had played it for years. Mullins spit out several originals all of which (I'm not sure if Jonathan had heard before) but played them like he had . Some of which were I cry for you, If it dont matter to you, Move like a jelly fish (song that nobody knows), Long Black Veil, Randy Owen song~ (the one thing that you don't wanna do is get raging drunk and profess your love for Randy Owens.. might not get that love back) ain't sayin' who said that out loud! :) Citzen Cope (which I love~ son's gonna rise) except this time Mulli free styled a bit and threw in Uncle Snippy tid bits to Sweet Potatoe pie to whatever comes to mind at the moment, I love that about Matt then found his place and got back to son's gonna rise.... Love it when he flow's his shiz...  To sum it up I enjoyed it.. all of it. Sorry I don't have vid's to follow up.
Wanna give a Special shout out to Jonathan Sneed for putting this acoustic Tuesday together at Gumbo's. I've been twice now and yea Ima comin' back!

Tuesday nite at Gumbo's in Fayetteville at 6:30..... GIT CHA' SUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment