Sunday, February 27, 2011

FEB. 26, 2011 ~ THE BOATMEN * RANDY'S RETURN

Randy has been away for a month training with his beautiful lab Willow, so these guys haven't played together in alittle while but you know what The Boatmen are back with 'Avengence' because last nite right from the start was SPOT ON... vocally & musically!

Started off with alittle Jackie Greene (Ball n Chain) Durm nailed it! Then we got alittle True Blood followed with I shall be released, Tom Petty, Beatles, Stuck in the middle with you, You got lucky babe, Come together, Got me a woman, Use me up, Weezer (sweater), Creepin' round sprinkled with a original from their new CD which Mullins asked Randy when it's comin out Randy replies when it comes out. Just when I thought My god how can this get any better... it does Boatmen started to Pre-game for Floydfest (yes they got in) with alittle Festie style Magic Carpet Ride with Mullins & Durm singing. As I look around the crowd I notice every body is loving it (the sisters in particular) as they wuz backin' dat ass up and Shakin' what their mama gave em! Made me smile and laugh out loud. The Boatmens harmony last nite was I beleive the best I've ever heard, the music from their instruments flowed. It was a celebration indeed on many levels.. We celebrate Randys return, we embrace Willow, and Beckley Embraced the return of the Boatmen! The Boatmen are the REASON I do what I do... support, video, blog. True story....I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there! I don't think I've ever heard them perform "sweater." Love that song! How awesome about Floydfest!!!

    ReplyDelete