Sunday, March 6, 2011

MARCH 5, 2011 ~ THREE CARD MONTE * MOOSE IN OAK HILL

Began my nite in Oak Hill, Wv at none other than the Moose Club to see Three Card Monte. Now I'm a member of the Beckley Moose myself (joined it for that big ass Jackpot) they have every thursday nite. Upon walking into the Moose I noticed dance floor was jammed packed not once but every single song. This makes me Smile big & wide as I love peeps showin' their love for music, not only do they love it they know all the freakin' words. Tells me just one thing... you are never to old to 'just dance'. Hell I believe I'm even lookin' at a former Laugh- In (remember that show) Go-go dancer up in here that is tearing that dance floor a new ass. I also notice another thing these Oak Hill men love their women you can see it in their eyes and feel it on the floor.

Three Card Monte ~ 3 piece band made up of Brian Hornsby * Jay Milam * Steve Sparks.

They have been entertaining the crowds for more than 15 years, sometimes together, and sometimes with other musicians. Together again, they are Three Card Monte. Began their set with Roll of the dice, Walk softly, China Grove, Take it easy, Guitars & Cadillacs, Mustang Sally, Nitty Gritty dirt band among a host of other covers that were spot the hell on! Brian Hornsby vocals are very nice, very soothing.. I like. I'm convinced that there is nothing this man can't sing or hasn't sung. I'm diggin' his vocals.. Brian you can sing for this chica' any ole' time you want. ;) Wish I could have stayed but had 2 more bands to go see/hear & film. Next time I promise I will stay longer than a set.
Vids will follow... stay tuned.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150107838974658&comments

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150107905089658&comments

No comments:

Post a Comment