Friday, January 28, 2011

JAN 27, 2011 ~ 3 CARD MONTE * FOSTERS

3 CARD MONTE IS MADE UP OF : JAY MILAM / BRIAN HORNSBY / STEVE  SPARKS

Don't know where in the hell I've been but all I can say is this... this multi talented band has my jaw dropped! Boy have I been missing out! Love it when bands bleed one song right into the next... and that's exactly what you get with 3 Card Monte. They covered every thing from R.E. M (Milam on harp) which was spot on, China Grove, Shine, Eagles, Matchbox 20, Prince (Purple Rain) loved it! Even got me some Rolling Stones (Honky tonk woman), Stevie Ray Vaughn,  and yeah... I knew it was coming Tom Petty (Running). Milam proves why Eddie Van Halen is one of the greatest guitarist of all times... and does it well,  my jaw was dropped yet again as he tears that Washburn a new ass! WOW just wow.... I am a fan of this band and will make sure to keep close watch on their schedule from now on.
Hornsby & Milam switched up with Hornsby on bass and Milam took the lead (which I might add throughly enjoyed watching this guitarist switching up his guitars) From a beautiful Red Washburn to a lovely G&L Fender and kicked out alittle While my guitar gently weeps! Even kicked out alittle Funk before the nite was thru. Had 4 lead guitarist that stepped up on stage last nite ~ Hornsby, Milam, and switched from Bill's to Will's as 2 from the audience stepped up and kicked out one or two. Good nite of music and even better I got to put face's to a couple of facebook friends & shake their hands! <3 that.

No comments:

Post a Comment