Sunday, January 30, 2011

JAN. 29, 2011 ~ Cancer Benefit at the Riv for Anne Cline's mom

I'd like to say first off that I'm completely amazed & proud of the talent this state holds. The more I venture out into this music world and listening & supporting Local Live Music the longer this list grow's. My heart & soul is proud of the talent Southern West Virginia has... My musican friends.. you give me a lump in my throat! Every time... I ♥ U!
The line up:
Motion Theatre
Bradley Jenkins
Anne Cline
Calendars & kerosene
The Boatmen

First up was Justin & Greg (acoustic) from Motion Theatre first thing I notice was Greg Lilly's voice had never heard him before and was very pleasantly surprized.. his harmonies with Justin (also from IHAJ) was nothing short of Schweet. Sang a dedication to Anne "You are the exception", Tom Petty along with a host of other songs that fit this duo vocally perfectly. I liked them, I liked them alot.
Second up was Bradley Jenkins (from Huntington , Wv) ~acoustic solo
This young man (18 yrs.) sings & plays like a seasoned pro... He is a young man with such an old soul.. and you can hear it every time he opens his mouth. The gem (to me) of the nite was Bradley Jenkins. Every now and again your turned onto a rare treat Bradley was it. He spit out some Old Crow Medicine show, Jack Johnson (with his own twist) loved this, an original I think was called Leeway. You can find him on myspace and also on my fb page as I downloaded some of his tunes, also bought his cd. A real treat this one was!
Next up was Anne Cline:
Now here we go again and don't wanna repeat myself but this little chica definately has an old soul and sings & plays exactly like a seasoned pro. Anne has been playing venues for a couple of years now, if you've not heard her then I strongly suggest you do so. She threw out an original "Fix me" (always love it when I get capture an original), Love is what ya got, Lady Gaga to just name a few. I could have literally filmed Anne all nite... She draw's you in like a moth to the flame and holds you there. The more I hear Anne play.. the more I love her!
Next up was Calendars & Kerosine (from Charleston, Wv)
Josh Huddleston (vocals/ guitar) ~ Blake Hill (lead) ~ Derek Walker (Drums) ~ Clinton Scott (Bass) These guys came right up to me and introduced themselves.. more faces to the facebook musican friends and I love that! I only hate that I could not get any footage of them because at this point the place was jammed packed and there was absoultely no way of getting up front. But I can say this from what I heard was ELECTRIC... and I loved it.
Finished with The Boatmen:
Some thing I noticed bout last nite.... musicans' not only come together as One but also support one another financially. I witnessed a CD being purchased from one musican by another they had never met each other (to my knowledge) before last nite. This brought a smile to my face.. what brought a bigger smile to my face is that certain musican that purchased the CD bought it for me! Nick you rock and I love you! Only thing he didn't know is... I'd already beat him to it and had been to the merch. table earlier. The Boatmen kicked out some Jackie Greene (and Nick Durm) must have been feeling his oats cuz he spit it out like I've not seen him ever do....and Daayum it was just freakin' CRAZY GOOD! They even threw out The Who... I love these guys and wanna thank each of them Matt, Nick, Randy, Rob because alittle a year ago...... THE BOATMEN are who put me on this wonderful music trip and gave me this beautiful "Addiction" I call my life now! Much love to you... Much Love!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=497860554657

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=497830179657

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=497821564657

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=497806839657

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=497794049657

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=497790224657

No comments:

Post a Comment