Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jan 28, 2011 ~ "SURPRIZE SEND OFF FOR GILKEY"

PART 1~

Some of the guys got together for a Surprize Send off Party for Randy Gilkey. He is leaving Monday to begin training with his new seeing eye dog! This in itself is most exciting for all that know this wonderful man... We are all thrilled for him. The plan was set, the musicans (there were many) unfortunately I did not get to meet all of them but did put face's & shook the hands of some more of my Facebook peeps, were in place. Now all we needed was Gilk to walk thru the door. He had no idea as to what was about to take place... which was awesome! Randy walked in and to say he was Surprized is a understatement! I have a flashback for a minute of the Toys for Tots gig... with so many musicans in one place sharing one stage... was heaven for me. The nite was truely magical!
First up was Verns Pot of chili (5 members of this group) were present, Gilk steps up on stage to jam with them along with Allen Sizemore from Wild Rumpus (by the way Allan plays barefoot) F'n love that!! Blues was the muse and OMG I can already tell that I'm in for one Helluva nite. I heard some orginal Wild Rumpus tunes, Boatmen tunes, Verns pot of chili tunes and even busted out some "Dirty Bastard"~ Got cha money freestylin'. The musican's that shared the stage were~ Allen Sizemore, Matt Mullins, Nick Durm, Rob Gross, Brad Kinder (didn't know you played dude... U rocked), David Albright (didn't know you played drums either) , Dan (from Verns pot of chili, (there were other members of Verns) but unfortunately I didn't catch their names or get to meet them...next time for sure, TJ (Gilk's friend) that's a freestylin' fool, Keira (little chica can flat out belt it out),Jevon (from Parrot stepped up to throw his flow) Vid's will follow in PART 2 of this blog as they get downloaded throughout the day....
This nite for me was one for the books! I'm still smilin'

No comments:

Post a Comment